ideal he24....no hot water...

I'm assuming that the HW really does work as expected with CH turned off and CH works when HW not drawn. When HW is drawn with CH on, you say the water is cold but does hot water continue to flow around the central heating circuit?

Check all the connectors are firmly inserted into the PCB and likewise on the diverter. Also check that the diverter head is firmly attached.

If the above is OK, check visually that the diverter head responds to a change in demand. If it does the problem I would begin to suspect the PCB which is failing to provide HW priority when CH active.

Is the PCB orange or black, and if orange how are the jumpers set?

Sponsored Links
The OP has been a little economical with the information.

Its not even clear if this is his own home or if he is trying to repair it for someone else.

A key question is:-

"Did it work correctly and then become faulty?".

A "Yes" answer would eliminate all possibility of the links being incorrectly set on the PCB etc.

I also suspect the PCB but without further information....

Tony

im giving all the info i can....my first post is the situation....thats the symptoms im getting.....the boiler was put in 2 yrs ago and has been working fine until this week....

I'm assuming that the HW really does work as expected with CH turned off and CH works when HW not drawn. When HW is drawn with CH on, you say the water is cold but does hot water continue to flow around the central heating circuit?

Check all the connectors are firmly inserted into the PCB and likewise on the diverter. Also check that the diverter head is firmly attached.

If the above is OK, check visually that the diverter head responds to a change in demand. If it does the problem I would begin to suspect the PCB which is failing to provide HW priority when CH active.

Willy, you say you are giving all the information.

Those questions above are still waiting for your answer.

When we have them we can come to a conclusion as to the most likely cause.

Tony

Sponsored Links

**yes the hot water continues to flow around the heating circuit..**

**i checked that the diverter head was connected firmly...**

**i switched off the boiler & disconnected the diverter valve & removed it...i then reconnected it to the electrical connections so i could see what the valve was doing....the pin was in...when in the boiler was off....when i turned the boiler on the valve pin pushed out.....i then drew off some hot water...the pin still stayed out......i then turned on the c/h & the pin still stayed out....hope this helps...**

**this i havnt looked at yet but will do on monday**....

**this i havnt looked at yet but will do on monday**....

So this boiler is not where you live then?

Are you trying to repair it for someone?

Or is it in a property which you rent out?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back