Ideal HE30 no power but divertor valve click

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All,

I have an Ideal ISAR HE30 (I know they are rubbish boilers before any says :)).

Boiler has been fine but today we had no hot water so checked the boiler and it was off, no display anyway.

I took the cover off and switched the power off and back on and realised that the divertor head (actuator) was making a clicking sound. I took the actuator off and powered the boiler back on again and the click sound was still there.

I assumed it was the actuator so went and bought another one. However I have gone to install it and the same fault?

Is it just another faulty (new) actuator or could the problem be elsewhere?

Cheers
Adam

Sponsored Links
The internals of the valve could be siezed, (kit available) and I second the pcb suggestion.

Thanks for the quick response guys!

I have taken the actuator off and can manually push the valve in and out (fairly easily).

However when the actually is off but still plug in it continues to make the clicking sound (both the new and old one).

Does that still suggest the PCB? Would the actuator just not be dead if the PCB was broken and not get any power at all?

Sponsored Links
If it is the Honeywell, they are very reliable. The PCB's are not. there is no point guessing and throwing parts at the boiler. You have already spent more than it is worth.

PCB's do more than flash lights.

I would be calling someone who will fault find first. Like I said, there is no point guessing and throwing parts at it. You need to do some checks first. Spares for this boiler are getting silly expensive considering how carp they are.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back