ideal icos 15 hot water heating rads

ok so i feel ok doing this if could just ask what settings on the meter should i be on i normally just check thermo switchs on dryers, picture of meter

Attachments

• 20210211_120836.jpg
    20210211_120836.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 38
Sponsored Links
hi both measure as pictured,, sorry just seen you wanted it testing in hot water mode,, so its reading 238 but reading is not stable its jumping up and down ,, and i can hear a clicking noise coming from the head unit, also there is no sping action on the little lever

Attachments

• IMG-20210212-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20210212-WA0005.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
With programmer set for domestic hot water only ,there should not be 230v present at the terminal with the white wire . Once that has voltage, the motor in the 3 port valve moves to mid position ,so water flows to rads as well as cylinder.
If the system was wired correctly originally ,(and you are sure that you have wired the new 3 port into the correct terminals ) then further testing will need to be done to establish if the programmer is supplying voltage for central heating when it isn't supposed to ,or the voltage is coming from elsewhere.

Sponsored Links
ok thanks can i do the testing myself or di need get someone in to do it

As there is no real convention ,or industry standard in the colours of wiring used ( other than the colours of the wires from the 3 port ) it may prove difficult for you to do . However ,if you can identify the cable that comes from the programmer into the wiring centre ,and more importantly the individual conductors within the cable ,and what terminal numbers they go into that would be a start .

I don't want to start messing about with that wiring to much as don't want to make things any worse and loose heating so il need get someone out to sort it, don't suppose there anyone local to telford,, thanks for all advice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back