Ideal ICOS Condensing Boiler - Hot Water/No Heating?

hi i have ideal 30 HE the central heating is working fine but when i turn the tap on for hot water the boiler dont fire up. even the letter d doesnt appear on boiler. please can some one help me?

Sponsored Links
great advice for washing out said tap area but where is it? where do i find it to do so? il need the partners help with this when he gets home from work but thankis for the instructions fingers crossed cus we havent got the error code now we have a boiler with nothing showing what so ever

hi guys just got my own house and have an ideal icos boiler .. totally clueless young 22 year old ! , theres no lights on boiler and wont fire up with a rest , but however my hot water is all working fine ? suggestions please

Sponsored Links
The condensate trap forms part of the flue system.
You should not be

Advising on clearing it.

Attempting to clear it unless you are qualified and know what you are doing.

Having read plumbingluddite's explanation of what had happened, I too decided to see if the sub-zero temperatures were the cause of my boiler failure.

After a couple of kettles of warm water down the outside of the condensate pipe and some gentle tapping I went inside and reset the boiler. It fired up first time, with no problems!

With a 3 month old baby in the house and being snowed in, this forum has got me out of a bit of bother, so thank you!

Cheers,
Chris

I've just hadthe same error code flash and even after defrosting the pipe running outside it wasnt happy.... so I removed the sump trap which was actually a very simple 4 screw job....only tip is to make sure you have a bucket under the boiler to catch the water that runs out for a minute or so...

Our sump was full of grey sludge and iron fillings.. wash it through..... bang it around to diss lodge them and even blow through hard with your mouth (outside)

Re fitted the sump and hey presto.... HEAT.....HOT WATER

and not a £100 call out plus labour charge in sight

Same here mate,

Came home from work to find the FL error code. Powered down a few times reset a few times no avail. Took the cover off and at the top of the boiler that spooling part was spinning but would not ignite.

Looked at the manual at the servicing section.

There is a section called "cleaning the condensate 's' trap.

Took that off and as you said it was full of metal grit or something?

20130315_192141.jpg

20130315_193644.jpg

Also took the sump cover off and found more off this grit at the bottom of there.

Boiler has fired up fine now!

Hope this helps someone in the future!

Any heating engineers know what this grit is? is it normal to see this? The boiler is 4 years old... I wonder if it was cleaned out on the last service 2 years ago? I better get another service booked ASAP![/img]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back