IDEAL ICOS HE 15 constant heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I just noticed this issue yesterday ..

I have a IDEAL ICOS HE15 as a boiler and till my last observation it was working untill yesterday . Things which I feel are not correct are

1. I see a constant C all time even though its not programmed to be on C at that time .
2. The light next to it ( burner ) is continuosly flashing
3. And the water from the storage tank to boiler is constantly circulating even though we are not using it .

The programme controller is a danfoss and sends the corrects commands as the red light comes on .

Is this normal - The constant C , Always flashing Burner and Constant circulation of water .

Any advise would be helpfull

Sponsored Links
could be a motorised valve problem, sending power to boiler when it shouldn't. What valves do you have? 1*3port or 2*2ports

Sponsored Links
you will more than likely have 2*2ports if you have a megaflo.
if rads aren't getting hot when off, and HW is not too hot I would suspect the end switch on one of the valves.

Hi

I just did some exploration in the cupboard and found

1. danfoss hpa2 type valve which was had a stick turned to manual

I just made a logical call and turned it to auto and then went and checked the boiler - its now not flashing the burner light and the circulation has stopped.

I am not sure if I did the right thing but looks ok so far ..

Any thoughts ?

Did this one ever get sorted?

I seem to be having the same problem.

My hot water is only luke warm, central heating seems to be ok but i have the same constant "C" on my Ideal Icos HE15.

Any advice would be great

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back