Ideal Icos he 15 burner light flashing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have recently bought a house.which has an Ideal icos he15 boiler. when i filled the system with water and put the gas on, everything was fine.

The hot water was working fine. then i tried the heating,

The radiators started heating up upstairs and the ' c ' is displayed which is good and the white burner neon is constant.

However the every 10 -15mins the white burner neon flashes then it sounds like the boiler switches off, then 5mins later it lights back up and the process is repeated.

What could this be?

I have a megaflow tank upstairs which is running at 1 bar, it may need to be running at 3 bar but would this affect the boiler operation like this?

i have no fault codes dispalyed and the boiler displays 0 at rest
Thanks
Sean

Sponsored Links
the pressure you are discribing is the ch pressure.

top up to 1.5 cold,bleed all your rads and refill to 1.5

see the faq on balancing the rads.have a go and report back

the pressure you are discribing is the ch pressure.

top up to 1.5 cold,bleed all your rads and refill to 1.5

see the faq on balancing the rads.have a go and report back

It says on the megaflow tank specifications operating pressure 3 bar. mine at 1 bar

But would this lack of pressure cause the boiler to cut out and light up again?

can you post a pic?

is it a guage attatched to an expansion vessel and fill loop? (looks a bit like a bomb)

Sponsored Links
not at the min mate im at work till 12.

its a gauge attache to a red tank, i suppose it does look like a bomb mate

any body have any other ideas as to why the boiler goes off and keeps firing up agian?

Cheers Sean

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back