Boiler display fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Went to look at my friends boiler today ideal icos he15 due to the following problem. His boiler is firing up, (fan runs, gas valve opens, burner lights). His display which normally shows C though is constantly flashing with . . . - - - - - c c c (not in any order though) with the burner light also flashing on and off. Any idea what this could be? He also thinks this seems to be making his radiators get much hotter then normal, would you think this could be the case?

Thanks in advance for all replies.

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=268073#ixzz1HJkGMjvS

Sponsored Links
Even more to the point why are you trying to do boiler repairs when you are not trained or registered for gas work and probably dont have any insurance?

More to the point, how do you know i'm not trained or registered for gas work, let alone insured.

Just because i asked someones opinion does not mean im not trained or gas safe. More a case of seen if anyone has come across the problem before.

Thanks though

Sponsored Links
check purple lead is fully connected to user control. and is not wet in any wayt sounds like a loose connection

Thanks for the reply

It does seem likes some sort of loose connection the way it flashes off the -..- c etc.

I did give all the leads a check to make sure they were in and they all seemed fine. Worth another try when i pop back though i guess.

Thanks for the reply

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back