Icos boiler problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have just moved into a 4 year old house. It has an Icos HE15 boiler, it constantly displays c and the burner light flashes continuously. There is a Megaflo heatrae sadia connected to a honeywell valve and Wilo gold rs60 pump which have been constantly on since we moved in. The pipes are always very hot. The switch on the valve is very loose.

Having looked at other forums we have turned the system off and back on again, turned the power off at the mains but neither have made any difference.

None of the forums I have found detail all the problems. Any advice would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
is there a programmer or room stat fitted to the system, are they set to 'on' i.e calling for heat? do the radiators warm up? what is the boiler stat set at?

We are novices at this so please bear with us.

We haven't attempted to put the radiators on yet but they have not heated up at all. We are getting plenty of hot water.

Can you clarify what you mean by 'boiler stat'.

There is a Danfoss programmer set to auto.

There is gas.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
the boiler stat is the knob on front of boiler.
switch your programmer to 'off' and see if it switches off boiler.
the heating should also be on a timer along with a room stat. if the off position switches the boiler to standby then turn the programmer to on/constant turn up the room stat to max and see if heating works.

if on off and stat works then you need to reprogramme the on/off times in the programmer and select back to auto.

Boiler stat is set at half way.

Turned programmer off but boiler stayed on.

Turned heating on, that worked fine, burner light went to constant. As soon as we turned it off it started flashing again.

All parts in the airing cupboard still noisy. Will try reprogramming.

could be a faulty programmer or valve in cupboard. could even be wired wrong somewhere. i would first off set both htng and hw to off. it should ho to standby .if it has overrun on it may continue for a while, but it should all go to standby if it doesnt then obviously there is an issue .
and someone needs to have a look at it for you.

It sounds to me as if there is a boiler/system fault and the only reason you have hot water is because you have the immersion heater switched on!

If the boiler is faulty and that was not disclosed by the seller then you may have a claim against the seller for the repair!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back