ideal icos he24 boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi 7 years ago i had a govt grant to change my boiler. iguana was the company that fitted the boiler. after a while i noticed that when i put the boiler on to heat the hot water the ch would heat up aswell and vica versa
i tried to contact iguana by phone email and post but no replies.i then insured my boiler with BG last year and they said it was a plumbing fault hence thats why when i heat water up the ch heats up aswell. before the boiler was installed i stressed i needed a combi boiler as ive got a big family and use alot of hot water. i was told that this ideal icos he24 boiler was better than than a combi. when they installed the boiler they changed the hot water tank aswell. now today i was told that my boiler should heat the water up as soon as i turn the hot tap on (like a combi) but the boiler doesnt fire up i have to manually switch it on on a 1 hour boost and even then the radiators heat up. can someone please advise as to what this boiler does as its doing my head in. the immersion tank also heats up via a electric switch. so is this condensing boiler like a combi or not as each qtr my gas bill is over £280 + pls help me

Sponsored Links
Oh sweet jesus....

Right - you have a condensing system boiler that heats a hot water cylinder up.

This cylinder should take about twenty minutes when heated by the boiler. It is not an instantaneous function and you do not have a combination boiler.

The immersion heater is only a back up to the boiler failing which with an Ideal will be frequent.

Your gas bill sounds about right.

The fault is probably a diverter valve/zone valve issue which is covered here thousands upon thousands of times.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back