Ideal Icos HE24 Always ON

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi -

I have recently noticed that our gas boiler (Ideal Icos HE24) is always on, the manual shows that it's supposed to return to "0" status when there's no demand for heat, but the boiler is constantly on "c" 24/7.

The boiler fires up every now and again with the burner LED static, and then turns off later still on "c" status with the LED blinking, when it's not burning you can still hear water circulating around the system.

I've tried using the reset button and restarting at the mains however the issue happens again as it's turned on, the timer has both the Central Heating and Hot Water set to "ON" rather than timed, this issue seems to stop when we turn the hot water completely off on the timer, but this confuses me as "c" is supposed to be for central heating rather than the hot water.

I'm not really experienced in boilers, I've read through manuals trying to make sense of it but I'm still confused, is the boiler broken?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
You should have two of these, if your rads aint red hot chances are its the hot water one that is stuck on.

Sponsored Links
You should have two of these, if your rads aint red hot chances are its the hot water one that is stuck on.
Yes we have two, so the valve is stuck on? Would we need to get somebody to repair this or is there a solution to it?

Normally just change the valve head, it can be diyed if your confident with electrics.

Normally just change the valve head, it can be diyed if your confident with electrics.
thanks a bunch, will anything come to harm if the boiler is left on in this state?

It wont do your boiler any good and will over heat your hot water, I would get it fixed asap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back