Ideal Icos HE24 leaking water onto PCB!

Does anyone know if this gasket can be bought separately from anywhere? I've called Ideal and they said it only comes in the complete boiler gasket set 170940 (£54.55 inc vat and deliv is the cheapest ive seen it :( ), it isn't in the service gasket kit.

Sponsored Links
The ideal part number for the flue casting manifold gasket is 155435
This is the gasket between the manifold and hex and will go with time showing the symptoms you have.
Easiest way to see for defo is to shine a torch up the side of hex and combustion chamber while pushing the combustion chamber gently to the right allowing you to see the condense signs on the inside of combustion chamber.
As said before can be changed without draining if front pipe wedged at top of chamber but is dodgy as could slip out if you hit it.

I've just called Ideal again quoting that part number. They said it's not available separately, however it is in another kit (170958 - Flue Manifold Pipework Kit). At least that kit is cheaper as it should retail at £16.66.

I have shone a torch between the hex and the boiler panelling and could see a streaking water line down to where the water collects and marks around the foam seal. I couldnt see any foam gasket on that side of the manifold at all. I think its been assembled incorrectly.

Thanks for your help. This forum and people on it are excellent! :D

Sponsored Links
Ive done this job many times,i carry a wooden wedge to jam in between the pipe and top of boiler case,to avoid draining,its still a bit nerve racking,and very fiddly in removing the alloy flue section,it aint as easy as it looks.

the heat ex is leaking not the bottom of the turret
if it was the turret the colour of the leaking water would be a grey colour
as its a brown colour its the heat ex
trust me ive seen hundreds

I have the same problem and wanted to know if adding FERNOX sealant would do the job?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back