Ideal Independent C24 F2 fault code.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,
I am in need of some help. I very recently had a combi boiler fitted, few weeks ago.

The problem is it only works without a facia plate on, I am reffering to the big white plate that has the dial names and legend etc. As soon as I put the facia plate back on again it makes a loud gurgling noice and cuts out within 5-10 sec, an F2 error comes up on the dial.

I've checked the flue, it is clear, but just in case I disconnected the flue all together and tried to run it. Boiler came on for about 5-10 sec and than the same loud gurgling noice and F2 error appeared.

But if I run this boiler without a facia plate, flue and condensation pipe connected, it runs fine continuesly, both heating and DHW are ok no gurgling noices or fault codes.

Has anyone encountered similar issues?

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Stop using the boiler and get a competent engineer to look at it.

From your description it was not installed properly and what you are doing with the flue puts you and others in the property at serious risk of permanent harm to health and possibly death from carbon monoxide poisoning.

Hello All,
I am in need of some help. I very recently had a combi boiler fitted, few weeks ago.

The problem is it only works without a facia plate on, I am reffering to the big white plate that has the dial names and legend etc. As soon as I put the facia plate back on again it makes a loud gurgling noice and cuts out within 5-10 sec, an F2 error comes up on the dial.

I've checked the flue, it is clear, but just in case I disconnected the flue all together and tried to run it. Boiler came on for about 5-10 sec and than the same loud gurgling noice and F2 error appeared.

But if I run this boiler without a facia plate, flue and condensation pipe connected, it runs fine continuesly, both heating and DHW are ok no gurgling noices or fault codes.

Has anyone encountered similar issues?
idiot ;)

will help cleaning the condense pipework out , is it connected under the sink for draining ? you definitely need a gas engineer if not the condense pipework

Sponsored Links
Flue doughnut not in right but tw4t will end up killing themselves using the boiler with combustion cover off and boiler also having poor combustion due to mixing of flue gases.

OH my god will people not learn leave it alone get an engineer out for the sake of a few bob you're risking your life and the lives of your family you should be ashamed of yourself.Bob

This has to be a wind up surely ? if you are for real you need a massive wake up call what you are doing couldnt be more dangerous switch it off immediately and get either the installer back or someone that is not intent on killing people

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back