Ideal H15 F2 fault caused by condensate flue collector.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Since moving into our new home, with a 3 year old Ideal H15 boiler, around changes in the weather our boiler always seems to fault an F2.

In Feb when we had frost and snow our boiler made gurgling noises before packing up, and the boiler man came cleaned it up and blew a pipe to clean out the excess condensate.

We've recently had a change of weather from hot to cooler weather and a similar thing has happened. I have pulled out the siphon trap and cleaned it, and I have also cleaned down the outlet pipe none of which indicates a blockages. However when I initially removed the small rubber connection of the trap from the flue manifold collector, water comes trickling out as if it was unable to exit prior my removal of the rubber connection. After reapplying this rubber connection and then I started up the boiler everything works fine for at least the next 24 hours.

My guess would be that their must be a blockage within the flue manifold collector itself? would this have been where the boiler man blew his pipe into to get rid of a build up of condensate? Because I can't see why else the water doesn't drain out through the siphon trap otherwise as this mechanism works fine when I run water through it. And the rubber connection is clear too.

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
I hope you have put everything back in place as a mistakes will allow POC to enter the room.

What is needed is a full service as dictated by Ideal that any dedicated heating engineer will be able to do (emphasise on dedicated)

There will be other underlying issues that will need attending going by what you have found

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back