ideal independent c35 losing pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks. Hope you all had a good xmas and will have a good new year.
An ideal independent c35 is losing pressure over 7/8 weeks, I can't find any rad leaks, and the ground floors are all underfloor heating. I've checked the underfloor valves and manifold, also dry. So I was wondering if there were any known issues with these boilers. If not. are any of the leak stopping fluids any use on underfloor systems? thanks..... Phredd.

Sponsored Links
7 or 8 weeks. Nothing to worry about. No system is perfect.
What pressure does the system run at from cold with 1 bar then
up to full temperature?

My guess is your expansion vessel needs recharging or isn't big enough for the system.

Especially if you have underfloor which has large water volume.
Expansion vessel in most boiler will only handle up to about 90 litres.

Thanks for the reply. Its in a rented house I do the maintainance on. I'll drop the pressure to 1 bar and run it up after new year..Phredd.

Sponsored Links
Hi. sorry for the delay in replying, the property was rented out, I had to go top it up again as it had dropped to zero. I ran it from 1 bar and it climbed to just under 2 bar. The only expansion tank is in the boiler. Thanks...Phredd.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back