ideal isar 24he leaking from automatic air valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys.
I needed to replace the towel rail on my central heating so I drained half of the system - by that I mean I opened the bleed valves on all the upstairs radiators only and left the downstairs ones closed while I drained.

Once I replaced the towel rail I refilled the system but before I managed to bleed the first radiator I noticed water leaking from the boiler. On closer closer inspection it is pouring out of the hole at the top of the automatic air valve.

I've read about sludge in the pipes damaging the aav on these boilers and am wondering if you think that's what has happened here?
If so, is it possible to clean the aav or do I need a new one?

I'm not a plumber so if I need a new one is it something a non plumber can replace?

I hope someone can help or I'm in big big trouble :(

Sponsored Links
The main thing you have to sorry about here is the water running down on to the display harness and taking out the display PCB, main PCB or both.

I've left the boiler switched off in case water got into the electrics.
I just need to fix the leak now. Any ideas how to fix it?

Sponsored Links
There is instructions in the manual, which you can look up on line.

As said though, protect the display/ user PCB and harness, with plastic, cling film, whatever or remove and re instate

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back