Ideal Isar boiler H 3 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well why do you give info about some parts and not others? :rolleyes:
Seemingly utterly obvious answer: I give info on those jobs I deem safe for diy and don't give info on those bits that I don't deem safe.

Sponsored Links
Seemingly utterly obvious answer: I give info on those jobs I deem safe for diy and don't give info on those bits that I don't deem safe.

So is the DIYer safe to install a PCB which needs caibrating? Regardless of the fact that it has 240 volts running through it.

Do you need a gas safe card to buy a PCB?

So is the DIYer safe to install a PCB which needs caibrating?...
Did you see me give info?

...Regardless of the fact that it has 240 volts running through it...
It does not have 240V running through it.

...Do you need a gas safe card to buy a PCB?
No, you need a credit card to buy a pcb.

This is what Mod 14 has to say:

Please note rule 10 (Posts covering DIY gas work are not allowed.) - See here for the forum rules.
A boiler pcb is a gas control. Changing a pcb is regulated in the same way as changing a gas valve.

Joe 90 and anyone else without appropriate knowledge, please stop encouraging dangerous and illegal action.

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/plumbing/ideal-icos-diy-pcb-replacement.350537/#ixzz2HtMycEVO

Sponsored Links
Because in that thread, as always, you were posting utter twaddle and making up parts.

Can't blame us if you've been taken down a peg or three.

The guy from the CC was ranting on about how he needed a gas safe card and how punters couldn't touch it etc....
Joe, you have no idea who is in the CC, as you are not allowed in there, never have been allowed in there, and never will be allowed in there.

...Why don't you guys make up your minds?
Nothing to do with RGI's making up their mind(s); it's a matter of statutory instrument.

So is the average punter allowed to change their own PCB? Yes or no. :confused:

So is the average punter allowed to change their own PCB? Yes or no. :confused:
I'm surprised you need to ask that, Joe. The question is incontrovertibly answered in the GSIUR, which you know back to front, judging by your own claims over the years.

Joe, asking if the average punter is allowed to change his own pcb, is as pointless as asking if the average Englishman is allowed to drive a car.
Some are, and some are not.

... It's not the equivalent of the gas valve and any DIYer can change one. Better tell him quick.
This is a perfect example why you have been warned not to give advice about gaswork; you think you know a lot, if not all, but in reality you are too thick to realise you don't know Jack.
I gave you the only correct answer, and you change that into "everyone can do it".
Here is some advice for you: take a course in reading.

It's no good blustering. I know loads about heating. I've watched all Tom Plumbs videos and read al D Hailshams posts.

Now can a punter change a PCB or not? If yes - then tell Mod 14. If no - then stop giving advice on gas.

Geddit yet?

Checkmate matey-boy. :mrgreen:

You answer the question then Dan. (he won't).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back