Ideal Isar Boiler Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys,

Can anyone give me an idea of what may be wrong with my Ideal Isar boiler. Although the on off switch illuminates nothing is displayed in the LCD screen. As a result of this the boiler does not seem to work at all. I have chacked the fuse on the pcb and that is fine.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Terry

Sponsored Links
If you have a light on the on/off switch I take it is one of the older 30100 versions rather than the HE versions.

The most likely cause will be the pcb which is notoriously unreliable on these, the other option would be the display unit. I take it that nothing is working as well as the display not working?

If boiler works but no display then this would be display unit.

PCB units are very expensive on these so you need to make sure it is that before buying a new one ;)

PCB units are very expensive on these so you need to make sure it is that before buying a new one
Just a tad...

To your knowledge Dave can you commonly blow up a pcb on these if the fault is elsewhere?

The AAV or a joint commonly leaks and drips onto the display board damaging or disconnecting it.

Most of the time the resultant overload damages the main PCB as the supply to the display is not protected.

Usually its only the interface to the display board but these are not easily available seperately and sometimes the lead has to be replaced as well.

Tony

Sponsored Links
ChrisR said:
PCB units are very expensive on these so you need to make sure it is that before buying a new one
Just a tad...

To your knowledge Dave can you commonly blow up a pcb on these if the fault is elsewhere?

Yes it can, I have had a gas valve and a fan blow em

Agree with corgiman, i've know the fan to blow the pcb and as the pcb unit is factory sealed not much you can do apart from replace. Signal to display unit is very low voltage digital. Thats how you can get the remote display unit and this is connected with standard bell wire.

In my case the control panel is fine as it can be connected directly to the PCB and no problem so its only the low voltage wire. Does anyone know where one of these wires can be obtained from? The replacement control panle does not come with the wire and its not listed as a part anywhere
Thanks in advance

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back