Ideal Isar HE24 - Nothing there?

S

SammyInnit

Hi,

I have an Ideal HE24 combi boiler and have run into so problems. About a month ago, the gas inlet venturi fan went, replaced that, and was working fine up until a few days ago. Noticed the radiators were cold, and not coming on.

Looked at the boiler and it was completely dead. Control panel wasnt displaying any code, was like it was switched off.

Couldnt have been any moving/mechanical parts because I would have at least had a fault code.

Anyway, put it down to the PCB had gone, got a new one, and just installed, still nothing.

It has got to be something electronic I would have thought, but can't put it to anything... any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Have you got 230v at the mains connector?

Do you have continuity across the harness to the display?

If you don't have a multimeter, you're screwed.

There's 230v.

I have a multimeter but I think thats had its day. The only other thing I put it down to was the display/harness. But would that cause something like this to occur?

Sponsored Links
do you have an isar ok,well how many ££££££ do you want to part with for a repair,a repair is just a repair.
get british gas to repair it,expect to be told it needs power flushing and its fitted incorrectly.
lots of threads here on your boiler.
no display=no power to display unit from pcb.all low voltage all low quality all in area of water seepage and condensation all in all,well i cannot comment.

:oops:

It's okay, sorted it. The 230v main wasn't connected right. My dad to blame :rolleyes:. New PCB sorted the original problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back