IDEAL Isar HE30 flashing L then E

S

snadge

our boiler is not working and is flashing L E...

what is this?

this happened after our tiler was tiling the wall and he pulled the socket off the wall revealing the wiring off which he got a shock off, since then the boiler flashes L E on the unit, the boiler is not on the main circuit board with the rest of the eletcrics, its on its own unit and is on...

any help be great thanks

Sponsored Links
What does it say in the installation/service instructions left with the appliance ?

i dont know if we have that, we just moved in 6 months ago... its been fine then after the tiler got a shock of it and put it back on the boiler wont work, when i try to turn on at wall it shows red then turns of (very fast) - ive removed the socket and checked the wiring and its fine but still boiler wont turn on and reports L,E

is there a fuse that could have burnt out & need replacing?

thanks for quick reply

checked manual online - nothing about LE error code, i did reset it though and its working fine now, must have tripped...dunno if thats possible with it been on its own breaker from the consumer unit?

anyway, MUST get onto British Gas boiler cover ASAP

thanks for your help PVM

Sponsored Links
Pcb faulty ;) £ 147.00 Hrpc parts center

Aye I read somewhere that error codes beginning with "L" meant possible permanent damage that would need new parts and error codes with "H" were something that could be fixed/reset...

gunna have to get out this boiler cover with BG cos can see this starting to cost an arm and a leg on reg basis

its working ok now after reset

I should hang on a bit before spending money regularly on something that may be ok, particularly going with a large "did you read the small print" we made a kin mint profit last year company.

I should hang on a bit before spending money regularly on something that may be ok, particularly going with a large "did you read the small print" we made a kin mint profit last year company.

i know what you mean but weve read so many horror storys about this boiler, not one good story - and even Southern Electric wouldnt take them on for boiler cover, the gasman said some companies wont because they always break down and cost about £250 a pop (just for parts) when they go and they go regular - so he turned us away for boiler cover through them for £13 month - we'd be happy to pay it for peace of mind - its only a few quid a week

Its a new pcb. Had one that ate 3 pcbs in as many years. Guess where it ended up?

Well, some thieving *****'s un-taxed and un-insured wagon, but yeah, you guessed right.

Strange this Ideal Icos/Isar stuff, I have fitted a fair few and apart from a few pcb's have been fine, serviced one last friday I fitted 6 years ago, it's not missed a beat, I have recommended new insulation and electrodes for next year as preventative measure.

L E stands for internal error and so does H E . In your case Snadge the boiler must of been running when your tiler got a Zap , tripped out electrics boiler overheated (due to pump not overrunning) . L E not only stands for internal error but if the overheat stat opens will display same code . normally cured by leaving it for half hour so then hit reset.

Although boards are are common failure . And this is down to VA ratings on transformer windings being too low . Ideal will tell you the fan harness causes the problem and quite frankly, dont wanna mention names but they do know how to talk technical crap !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back