Ideal isar he30 - no power to front display pannel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help !!

Had the boiler for over 2 years, this morning it was working fine, then off it went. No hot water noting. There no power going to the front display pannel. When i press the on and off button on the front pnnel it makes a noise (power coming through, but not right).

Coul anyone tell e if its the fron pannel the problem or the main board(ecu?).

I will be greatful for any assistance !!

Sponsored Links
just read another posting

Ideal system icos--no display on user control

Could anyone tell me best place to get one from Brum ? (the pcb)

Sponsored Links
There's a fuse on the pcb, i would check this first.

You can try that if you've good eyesight (its tiny) :LOL: Better to use a multi meter or fuse tester though ;)

One board is about 70 quid other one around 130 Go for BG or ideal fixed price repair both around £160.

My user display stopped working a few weeks ago. Condensate drain had been blocked so water had come out bottom of sump and dripped onto plug at display, it was corroded, however boiler still worked and i figured, still working so no big deal.

This morning though no heating and no hot water, I invited wife out to see how to reset boiler. However same plug that connects display also connects reset button.

British gas true to there word, fixed price repair, came out and have ordered me a new PCB and user panel. I've opted to go for a service package too. They are taking £100 for the fixed price call out and £18 a month for first year.

The Guys that came out were pleasant and professional. I called warmsure first. Part of Ideal. They weren't gonna come out till tomorrow and then would still have to have ordered the bits.

GO for fixed price repair. I realise this thread is old but I used the forum to help me decide what to do and just want to give it a bit of weight.

I would doubt very much that when calling out Ideal (warmsure) they would have to order the parts. They usually have a van full of them, especially these two parts :rolleyes:

I would doubt very much that when calling out Ideal (warmsure) they would have to order the parts. They usually have a van full of them, especially these two parts :rolleyes:

very true we have all our vans full of stock

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back