ideal isar he30

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
any ideas lads,my boiler when lights goes with a small bang sometimes a bigger bang, you can feel the case move slightly.please any help would be greatfully recived thanks.

Sponsored Links
I would recommend a RGI to inspect it. It could need the condensate trap and sump cleaned out, or it could be you need a new spark electrode as these 'warp' and the spark gap becomes too big and ignition may not always happen first time, letting a small gas build up occur.

older Isars have had a problem with the insulation panels falling onto the heat exchanger causing explosive ignition. a kit has been released by ideal to hold these panels in place. if the kit has been fitted, the heat exchanger might be marked with an orange dot, although i have heard that when the electrode kits have been replaced ideal engineers also denoted this with an orange dot on the heat exchanger, so best to get it checked out

Sponsored Links
Yes I have seen loads, strangely enough. I have fitted around 100 of them and used to be an Ideal 'preferred installer' a few years back.

Luckily, most of the Isars I go to now are not the ones that I fitted and I do tend to tell people to call out Ideal for a fixed price repair.

Sadly though, to date, I would estimate that I have approx a 30% failure rate on the ones I fitted. A disgustingly high % rate :mad:

Compare that to the ATAGs that I now like to fit, where if this goes above 0.5%, ATAG panic and assume they have major problems, so Holland are informed and action is taken ;)

maybe the black rubber seal top of the turret has come off

almost every new house i have been in has an Isar! is this because of ease of installation or because builders (particularly Wimpey) get the boiler for pennies? they are nice and compact and as with everything in life, theyre great when they work, but i miss the days when you could install an Apollo and it wouldnt go wrong for 15 years lol (not that ive ever installed an Apollo to be honest, but you know what i mean ;) )

Yes I have seen loads, strangely enough. I have fitted around 100 of them and used to be an Ideal 'preferred installer' a few years back.

Luckily, most of the Isars I go to now are not the ones that I fitted and I do tend to tell people to call out Ideal for a fixed price repair.

Sadly though, to date, I would estimate that I have approx a 30% failure rate on the ones I fitted. A disgustingly high % rate :mad:

Compare that to the ATAGs that I now like to fit, where if this goes above 0.5%, ATAG panic and assume they have major problems, so Holland are informed and action is taken ;)

Out of interest at what % do Vaillant panic at?

I don't really know, perhaps DM can enlighten us ;)

I am on about a 3% warranty call out rate at present. Most common are pumps internally leaking and 3 pumps that have stuck/failed.

Very, very few of the F75 faults though ;)

I remember that there was once a problem with the 937, has it now been solved?

If you are referring to the F91 & F88, I think it was, then yes it has.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back