Ideal Isar HE30

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boiler was installed in 2006 via previous homeowners. I have lived in the property just over a year the FL code kept flashing and became too problomatic to just keep pressing reset for hours! So the flame detection electrode was replaced which still didn't cure the problem, so a pcb was fit in Dec 2012 this seemed to sort out the boiler initially but then the same issue of having to reset the boiler after the FL code was flashing. Again another flame detection electrode was fit but did not solve anything. Now the FL code is flashing but when reset pressed HF code is there, so unplugged the lead out of the PCB that leads to the flame detector and this prompts the boiler to fire up, i can hear the flame ignite and try and get going! but fails to stay running. There is water now dripping out of the sump (but not sure if this is due to the numerous times i've tried to unsucessfully start it)
I'm at the point of looking in to a new boiler fit, as the write ups on the ideal boilers suggest that 7 years is a long time for this boiler to last! so rather than ploughing any more money in to this one i'm looking at a Vaillant ecotec?? Is there anything anyone can suggest before i commit to buy a new one...thanks in advance
Gail

Sponsored Links
Hi Gail

You are correct in that the boiler you have is very poor and if you can afford it you would be better replacing it rather than repairing it, the Valliant is a decent boiler but there are many other good ones available, contact a decent installer and ask their advice, call a few if possible and see what they recommend but if you would prefer the Valliant you wont go far wrong they are very good, avoid Ideal and Ferolli if anyone reccomends these walk away

Thanks for replies :) ive got a plumber(hopefully a decent one this time) to come around and quote for a new boiler, they have deals on Vaillant & Alpha

Sponsored Links
Ideal logic is a vgood boiler, an the new vogue looks spot on too.

Alpha is poor love.
Worcester is poor.
Ferroli is dog ****
A lot of the guys on here seem to like Veissmen and rehema or something like that but they are crap too. Ideal or Vaillant are the market leaders now. For 1reason there good boilers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back