IDEAL ISAR HE30 - PCB continuity

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a flame detection error. Book suggests that PCB might be faulty.
I have checked the pins on a PCB [with electrical meter] for the flame detection electrode [frame 88 in book] and there is no continuity on it.

Is buying new PCB 174486 [as the recent one] and replacing old one going to fix the problem?

I have electromechanical background.

Sponsored Links
We don't give DIY advice on gas/combustion issues here.

Saying there is no continuity without saying between what and what does not mean anything to me.

Tony

hi

I'm aware of gas advice rule, not the extent

continuity is not present on PCB's pins where flame detector electrode is attached

I can get ideal engineer to do it and fill their corrupt system with more cash or try buying cheaper PCB and get local engineer to fix it.

Sponsored Links
I didn't manage to get cheap PCB so.... I review my other options

Is there any argument I can say to Ideal Customer service that will make them fix boiler at the reduced price, no price or replace heat exchanger [if it is knackered]?

One off fee for fix apparently is 275 quid, paid upfront. That supposed to include parts and labour, excluding heat exchanger. For heat exchanger it is extra 145.

I have read somewhere that in one of the parts insulation is collapsing inside and exposes bare metal that gets burned trough - and that it could be later rectified by some clips mounted. If it is the case Am I able to get free service only on this part due to manufacturing fault?

Is there anything tricky in them service they offer? Should I ask or pay attention to anything specific?

Can I keep heat exchanger if it will be replaced for examination by 3rd party - so I can confirm it was really broken? Or engineer have all rights just to take it away.

Is it possible that they will require system flush to be done before any service or to fit new heater exchange alone; or that I will not get standard warranty [1 year] on parts if system will be not flushed?

Any other way I can be conned?

I would never mind to call serviceman but these days small prints - misinformation to make you pay more - official con-companies, make me sick. And in this case "warm front" is where it all started. I have inherited Ideal Isar from previous owners and more I read, more I astounded "HOW did this all happen"

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ideal_isar_boilers
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/warn_front_boiler_reliability_st

I can't believe clean game

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back