Ideal Isar HE24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey,

I've got a 2 year old Ideal Isar HE24 boiler.

Recently it started to go off (usually during the night). It would display the fault code FL. normally after pressing the reset button there would be a bang and it would start working again...until today..

It goes through a sequence of trying to start but just as you expect it to fire up the fault code flashes up. I've checked the Condensate trap and associated pipework and its all clear. There is no sign of pressure a gauge on the gas side so i'm unable to check inlet pressure... I've checked voltage at the gas control valve which is reading 0, according to the fault finding guide, if the continuity is ok then the pcb is at fault?

Has anybody experienced a similar problem?

I dont want to pay for a new pcb to find its something else.

Any help/advise or shared experiences is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

;)

Sponsored Links
I dont know but thats an awful boiler and considering most faults are down to the PCB you may be better off getting British Gas out on a fixed price.

Has it got a black or orange PCB fitted? Before fitting a new PCB,check for voltage on neutral,ideally 0,check the two outside pins on fan connector for open circuit,if it is,it will take out new PCB straight away.

Sponsored Links
use the fault finding chart frame 78

L F if usually due to ignition

check you have 200v at the gas valve whilst it's on the ignition sequence. if not it's probably the pcb.

Hey

thanks for the replies!

Previously whilst checking the voltage at the gas valve, I wasn't doing it during the ignition sequence (doh!).... thanks snb...

After I checked the voltage and found I had a stready 200vdc I decided to let the boiler continue through its sequence and now it works!!

I'm not sure what has changed, since I last tested it I removed the pcb and put it back (faulty connection?)

Thanks again for your help, no doubt i'll be back with more isar problems....

when was the last time you had it properly serviced

LF can be caused by blocked condensate traps.

Try the electrode mate I have had loads of these bend and it causes the boiler to ignite with a bang and lock out L-F.

If it stopped working and tyhen later would work then i would be suspecting a blocked condensate trap/drain.

Easy enough to test by disconnecting the connection to the trap.

Tony

remove the syphon trap, its prob full of debris if the boilers not been serviced for years.

Don't know about that but I reckon it's probably the condensate trap blocked or something.

Or the drain that it runs into, to, to , to, to, to, to.

(You're right Matt, theres is an echo in here today :eek: :LOL: )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back