Ideal Isar HE35 - DHW ok, no CH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Another dreaded Isar HE 35 from what I've read on forums. It's just over 3 years old, using an original black PCB. Already had a replacement expansion vessel under warranty.

Currently DHW is working fine but CH isn't.

As it's now getting chilly in the evenings, I thought i'd fire up the boiler for CH. Turned the timer on, waited 10 mins and checked all rads. no joy.
I thought it was a stuck TRV like last year but i think it's ok - Removed TRV head, pin doesn't look stuck and tapped the valve body a few times with a pin hammer.

Turning the boiler on (or switching from DHW to CH), I can hear a clicking/ticking sound which makes me believe it's the diverter valve/actuator at fault. The burner does fire up though for CH for about a minute or so until it goes off. I assume overheat protection?

Switching from CH to DHW, same ticking noise and the burner doesn't fire until the ticking has stopped.

So, anything else I can rule out before getting a parts/engineer to fix?

On another subject, if I got the Ideal fixed price engineer to come and fix, would they also replace the PCB to the new orange ones when my current one isn't faulty?

Cheers all.

Ray

Sponsored Links
makes me believe it's the diverter valve/actuator at fault
Very likely. Not too hard to change .

Re the pbc, it would depend whether it had had an "accident" or not. ;)

before anything else are you sure you have no dripping hot taps or leaking hw pipes?

You can easily prove the latter by turning off the cold feed into the boiler.

If that does not solve the problem then it does sound like a jammed/failed diverter valve.

Tony

Sponsored Links
no leaking/dripping taps. always displays 0 unless i'm using the HW (d) or CH (c)

I too have the same problem, I have DHW no CH with the control displaying 0, I have just replaced the PCB to the newer orange on and fitted the pins in the correct order ( confirmed when switching on I get a 4 displayed for 1-2 seconds )

I dont seem to have any leaks anywhere and all the radiators have been bled, how can I checked the divertor valve to see if it has stuck or jammed

getting very cold up here now any help would be very much appreciated.

cheers

no leaking/dripping taps. always displays 0 unless i'm using the HW (d) or CH (c)

Does the boiler always show 0 in the display, even when your external timers and room stat are on and calling for heat?

If this is the case then you will have a problem with your external controls (faulty timer, room stat or wiring problem).

Regards.

Does the boiler always show 0 in the display, even when your external timers and room stat are on and calling for heat?

If this is the case then you will have a problem with your external controls (faulty timer, room stat or wiring problem).

Regards.

First thing i would check as well in this situation

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back