Ideal ISAR HE35 - Leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI,
I wonder if anyone can help me, I have an ISAR HE35 that had been swithched off for around 2 months, I recently turned it on and heard a couple of loud knocks. when I went to inspect there was water coming from underneath and L9 showing on the display. I inspected the boiler to discover that the water seems to be coming from the diverter valve manifold where it connects to the DHW plate heat exchanger. I reset the system and shut off the cold supply in and switched the boiler back on, it seems to fire up and the fan is running extremely fast and it heats for a small amount of time approx 20 seconds then shuts off and repeats this sequence. The leak only occurs when the water supply in is open and leaks whether the boiler is on or off. When the boiler is running the display is showing D when Im not running the hot water. Please can anyone help as to where the leak would be coming from and why the display is showing D when not using DHW rather than display showing C (central heating). I was not running any hot water when this fault occurred I had just swithched it on for heating.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
it shows D as it trys to pre heat hot water,the leak is on the cold water supply may be a seal or a cracked manifold,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back