Ideal Isar M30100 help!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

i have recently moved in to a property over the weekend and we have noticed a few problems with our boiler.

We have tried to use the panel (Danfoss TS715) to set timing for the heating to come on and off but that doesnt seem to work. The boiler seems to keep the central heating on all the time (wasting my gas!!!)

This morning from 6.45 to approx 7.20 the boiler fired up 5 times for approx 1-2 mins. In the manual it says that it should only do this every 90 mins.

Can anyone advise what they think the problem is please. I am no plumber or anything like that and it would be the landlord to fix anyway would just like a heads up.

Also last night, we set the panel to have the heating off, but during the night and this morning the radiators were luke warm. We have also used just over £10 on the gas since friday according to the meter which seems far too high considering i have only used £3 electric :(

Other useful info - when the boiler fires up it display 't' as it should and then if the heating is off it returns to '0', if the heating is on it will display 'c' and if the hot water is running it displays 'd' (i think i cant remember)

Sponsored Links
Hi,

no all taps are fine and not dripping. this morning when it was firing up so often it would make a loudish bang noise that i havent heard before.

After looking through all the threads its seems these boilers are crap to be fair

Since the average annual gas bill is £1200 and this is mostly during the winter five months then I don't see why you are surprised at a gas bill of £3-£8 a day. That is quite normal.

Did you not pay for gas before?

Those boilers were cheap to buy and looked very good when they were first introduced. I fitted seven and all of them needed new PCBs within the first year.

If renting then I hope you have a Gas certificate?

Landlords are not very good at getting boilers serviced.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I have paid for gas but not on a meter before, we have used £10 in 3 days and thats with the heating mainly set to off (we only use gas for heating and hot water and its a small 1 bed house)

We have a gas certificate which passed and states in safe to use (next due in october)

I'm just concerned at the amount its firing up and that we cant seem to stop the heating coming on. Even when the boiler displays '0' the radiators are still warm

Basically you pay for the heat you use.

But I think your boiler has a hot water preheat.

The diverter valve is probably leaking heat to the radiators when its preheating the water. That's a common fault.

Tony

Stuck diverter valve passing hw down to the rads on preheat.
Best get the whole thing checked though if you don't know it's history

Well yesterday during the day we left the heating set to off and from 7.15am to 5.15pm it had used £1.10 of gas! i know that being on a meter you pay a standing charge but its ridiculous!
The landlady is going to send someone to have a look i have told her your suggestions so thank you for your help.

engineer came out yesterday, it was the diverter valve as suggested.

do you know if its possible to turn off the water pre heat on this boiler?

Afraid you cant turn the preheat off, bit of advanced thinking from ideal on that one!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back