Ideal Logic Code Boilers & GDHIF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm interested to know any views on the Ideal Logic Code boiler range with flue gas recovery.

Like a lot of people currently, I'm looking at a new boiler & flue gas recovery unit to access funding from the latest Green Deal scheme. A lot of installers are recommending the Ideal Code boilers. I can see it's a neat solution as the flue gas unit is built in but is the recommendation mainly based on ease of install/price point/installer incentives?

From what I can see the logic code is based on the oldest current Ideal boiler range (ally heat exchanger, well documented reliability problems etc) and was originally aimed at the budget new-build housing market. Is this about right or am I being a bit unfair?

The Baxi/Potterton, Vaillant and a few others boilers available with a separate flue gas unit look better boilers on paper but are a fair bit more expensive & take up a lot more space.

Any thoughts or better still experience with the Logic Code boiler appreciated before I take the plunge....

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Stay away from it if its the same heat engine as the issar \icos . Utter garbage .Pay more & get a better boiler , both vailant & baxi do the flue gas recovery units or whatever they're called & are far better boilers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back