Ideal Logic Combi 24 no hot water or heat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
13-year old Ideal Logic+ 24 (Combi) has regular pressure problems so I regularly top it up. Recently, it's not giving me really hot water, just warm, even though the controls on the boiler are set to maximum for both water and heat.

The other day I stopped getting warm water and noticed the pressure was too high, between 2 and 3, and the arrow just vibrated there. I bled the radiators and got the pressure back to just above 1. Then reset the boiler and set it in winter mode. The boiler turns on, the burner lights up when I turn on the hot water tap, but in a minute turns off and I get either lukewarm or plain cold water at the bathroom tap, right next to the boiler. The radiators are not heating up either.

The boiler message is "No water flow lockout" (once followed by "No water thermistor", but this disappeared on future resets). Then the boiler cycles though these messages: 1. Fill system to 1 bar; 2. Bleed radiators; 3. Check radiator valves open; 4. Reset boiler;

What could be the issue? And could anybody check if all the valves are correctly positioned?

Or could this be an issue with the Nest thermostat the previous owners linked to the boiler? I set it to manual and only use the boiler controls.
IMG_8822.jpg
IMG_8825.jpg
IMG_8828.jpg
IMG_8832.jpg

Sponsored Links
your boiler cover is not fitted correctly this is dangerouse, get it fitted properly then get the external control (nest) sorted out
There is no other way to take a picture of the pressure gauge on this model. The problem persists with the cover fitted and the nest is set on manual so i can't see how it could interfere.

There is no other way to take a picture of the pressure gauge on this model. The problem persists with the cover fitted and the nest is set on manual so i can't see how it could interfere.
your boiler diplay is showing that you have no external demand for heating, the nest is at fault but that cover needs fitting properly

Sponsored Links
As Ian says, the boiler cover forms part of the room sealed function of the boiler, please put it back on properly, there are 2 clips at the bottom of the cover which engage on tabs when correctly fitted, then 2 screws to secure it.

Thank you, both. It looks like the Nest thermostat was set to only control heat temperature, not water. I don't get the water icon on my nest or app. I would assume water temperature is controlled manually on the Ideal Logic so it does not depend on the Nest. That's my main problem: not getting hot water despite having the dial set at max. Any ideas what the cause might be? The boiler message is "No water flow lockout"

It could be a couple of things like the diverter, flow sensor etc, but you need to engage in a gas safe registered engineer or ideal for a fixed price repair and fit the cover back securely as above.

Thank you, both. It looks like the Nest thermostat was set to only control heat temperature, not water. I don't get the water icon on my nest or app. I would assume water temperature is controlled manually on the Ideal Logic so it does not depend on the Nest. That's my main problem: not getting hot water despite having the dial set at max. Any ideas what the cause might be? The boiler message is "No water flow lockout"
Are you not reading “ cover not fitted correctly” comment?

There is no other way to take a picture of the pressure gauge on this model.
Yes there is the pressure guage is not within the boiler casing, it is below it as your Pic clearly shows

That's my main problem: not getting hot water

Cold water from a hot tap never killed anyone, that casing just might, that is your main problem, stop messing around with it and get a pro in, and your Hive is single channel and has nothing to do with HW demand

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back