Ideal Logic Combi boiler - radiators warm when heating is off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

This happened a few times last winter and I just ignored it but its started again. We recently had an ideal logic engineer out as the water wasn't staying warm and I should have said to him but I forgot - anyway I digress.

The radiators are warm to touch and this started at about 2am, I thought they might have cooled but they are still warm. Ive checked the thermostat and its off so I was wondering why its doing it? Obviously I would have thought it cant be a good thing?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Is pre heat on the hot water, could be the diverter passing hot water to heating whilst in pre heat. Turn the Ho water pre heat off and see if it stops

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, its not on I checked this morning I also reset the boiler just in case but its a strange one. I'm guessing its not by design then? I'll keep an eye on it and if it doesn't stop then I'll contact Ideal as its under warranty.

Its like the tropics here :)

Is the boiler installed in a loft, garage, outhouse ? Does it have a frost stat fitted ?

Sponsored Links
Hi its in the garage - how would I know if it has a frost stat? Thanks

I had a similar issue when I moved into this house. Boiler in the loft and frost stat set to about 10 degrees.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back