Ideal logic plus 24 Radiators all only warm. Temp on max ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have a Ideal logic plus 24 boiler. 5 rads on system all warm but not hot. Temp on boiler set to max. Flow and return pipes feel warm but not hot. What would be likely causes
Cheers George

Sponsored Links
Could be that the boiler is oversized for the system and can't get rid of the heat is is generating fast enough, so it's short-cycling

Sponsored Links
Sounds like at could be a circulation issue.

Have you topped the system pressure up recently?

I've had a couple of call outs where the customer had partly closed or closed the flow/ return isolators under the boiler whilst trying to top the system up

Have you got all Thermostatic rad valves? ( maybe pins sticking) Or one rad without, and are both valves fully open on that rad.

Yes all but bathroom have trv's fitted all are about same temp inc bathroom. Have half closed all lockshields to try reduce flow but no difference.

Yes there is issue with prv sticking open so have to top up system every 4 ir 5 days that is being replaced today but not sure that would affect CH temp.

Fully open bathroom rad. Open up the other rads

The engineer comming today should be able to shed some light on what is going on.

The reference on whether you have topped the system up is as I said, I've had a couple of call outs where people have done this and then closed or partially closed the flow/ return isolators under the boiler by mistake, thus stopping or restricting circulation

What programmer are you using. Our PRT3 has opentherm and controls the flow temperature from the boiler so if room temp is close to set temp the boiler may only come on a a low flow temp even if dial at max.

Hi just to let people know the central heating temp controller on front panel plastic spindle had snapped. So although it still turned was not cotrolling temperature.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back