Ideal logic combi pressure too high

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After a drop in pressure, I've managed to add too much into the system. I've been bleeding the radiators all week and the pressure has not dropped at all. I cant quite remember if I've turned the filling loop off... I'll try and upload a picture. Any other help how I can drop the pressure.

Attachments

• 20200418_130933.jpg
    20200418_130933.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 1,165
Sponsored Links
Hi Hannah,

How old are radiator valves? You could try draining from a valve with a drain off (if fitted) which will remove more than bleeding. Post a pic of filling loop, also it could be passing if failed.

If that's the filling loop I can see in the pic then yes you have turned the wrong two valves off

The blue and black valves closest to you need turning off and the ones towards the back need turning on

Sponsored Links
The boiler is 4 years old. I have a drain off on the kitchen radiator. How would this be done? I've been told by a gas safety engineer that the valves are correct since posting this. When the boilers cold the pressure is just under 3 and rises to just under 3.5 when the heating is on.
Many thanks for the help so far

Show a pic of the drain off valve ,for help on what to do.
Your system pressure cold ,should be around 1 bar. 3 bar is far too high.
Are you reading pressure from a digital display on boiler ,Or a pressure gauge elsewhere ?

I'm reading it off the dial. Its took right under the boiler so I'm hoping im reading at an angle and it isnt THAT high.

Attachments

• 20200418_154445.jpg
    20200418_154445.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 711
The square shaped shaft on the right hand side is turned ,anti clockwise ,with a spanner or grips ,to open the drain cock ,water comes out the bottom. You can put a garden hose on it ,or just a container below.
Pic of gauge would be interesting.
Is there a staining on the floor near the drain cock ? It may have been leaking,and causing your original pressure drop ?

The boiler is 4 years old. I have a drain off on the kitchen radiator. How would this be done? I've been told by a gas safety engineer that the valves are correct since posting this. When the boilers cold the pressure is just under 3 and rises to just under 3.5 when the heating is on.
Many thanks for the help so far

Actually looking at the rear black and blue valves I might be wrong about them being in the wrong position

However the front blue and black sure look like they are inline with the filling loop pipe , if that's the case they are on and no amount of draining will make one iota of difference until the filling loop is turned off ( any chance of a sideways pic of the pipework under your boiler?)

Don't forget you will probably need to put some fresh inhibitor in your system as you will probably flush all the old out

The valves at the front are isolation valves and nowt to do with filling loop.

Last edited:
Apologies mate ,took a closer look and you are quite right ,the filling loop looks open.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back