Baxi NetaTec Boiler - High Pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I've had low pressure on my boiler a few times and just used the filling loop to sort it. However, now I seem to have a high pressure isssue. I've managed to get it out of the red by bleeding from a radiator, but as part of the checking the issue I've looked at the filling loop and I'm not sure if it's fully open or fully closed. Can anyone tell from these pictures if it's open or closed?

Loop.jpg

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The loop is open, but you’ve closed the return valve off and the cold inlet.

So the 2 back ones (bottom of picture) are closed and should be open, and the 2 front ones (top of picture) are open and should be closed. However, with the current settings, this closes the loop anyway so isn't the cause of the high pressure, is that correct?

Thanks

Yes correct, I can only see one picture though. Current settings though, you won’t have hot water and when you use the heating will go to lockout as it can’t return. No it won’t be the cause unless all valves are passing (unlikely). Did you over-pressurise? If so, then taking a dribble out isn’t much. If it’s high pressure when heating is in use, likely an expansion issue.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for replying. I don't have any issues with Hot water. When the heating comes on, it comes on for about 10 seconds, then goes off flashing E117, then goes off and comes back on 3 seconds later. (I've turned off heating for now).

In terms of over-pressurise, I've not done any pressure adjustments in at least a year, and the boiler was serviced about 2 months ago, and I've only just turned on the heating recently so not sure why it would be over.

I'll re-do the taps as you suggested, bleed some more water from the heating and see what happens. If it goes back up I'll give Baxi a call.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back