Ideal logic heat 15 leak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Right had the plumber out Monday and he thought it was just a blocked Siphon trap as he couldn't see any faults anywhere else.

Anyway he cleaned the trap out and the boiler was fine.

Come Tuesday there was a leak from underneath the boiler this time where the Siphon trap is he said he had a little trouble with the rubber seal could that just need looking at? Noticed today it's leaked alot more due to having the heating on and it's all inside again Siphon trap need replacing? As that's the only place the water seems to be coming from.
IMG_20161118_195347.jpg

IMG_20161117_063630.jpg

As said above the sump is cracked. About a 160.00 repair within my area.

I'd be getting the sump inspection cover changed before anything else, had loads of those seals leak.

Sponsored Links
The plumber checked the sump cover if that's the black bit with 2 screws in but it's not leaking from there, the waters coming from the Siphon trap mostly I catch it dripping underneath the trap, caught it dripping as soon as the hot water came on this morning
IMG_20161119_063329.jpg

Last edited:
  1. I can see the water coming from the sump in your pictures. Get somebody else in, who is familiar with the boiler

Before the rubber elbow between the 2 screws. Get a gasman not a plumber.

That black plastic thing on the bottom of the heat exchanger is the sump. The bit with the 2 screws in is the sump cover. If the previous engineer has been heavy handed tightens these 2 screws too tight it can crack it. But they have been known to just crack anyway (personally never seen one yet). It could also just be the gasket not sitting properly.

That black plastic thing on the bottom of the heat exchanger is the sump. The bit with the 2 screws in is the sump cover. If the previous engineer has been heavy handed tightens these 2 screws too tight it can crack it. But they have been known to just crack anyway (personally never seen one yet). It could also just be the gasket not sitting properly.
Thanks I'm torn now do I get the guy out or call someone new . I can't keep chucking money at it lol

He checked the sump and said it looked fine, took the 2 screws out and inspected the sump cover,the water all seems to be coming from the Siphon trap then dripping down underneath. In the previous pics it was leaking from the sump very slowly but I suspect the water came from the Siphon trap being blocked (according to the plumber)

Even if it was blocked it shouldn't drip from anywhere, the seals should hold. Not knocking the lad you had (i know loads of good plumbers that know nowt about the insides of boilers). Ask about or phone ideal for a local gasman.

Its common fault and quite an easy fix. If your engineer hasnt come across one before its quite easy to suspect other things as the crack is usually a hairline one and hard to spot.
Good luck

Ok I guess this is what I was looking for & should forward on to my plumber perhaps . How does a crack like that create the problem I've got with water escaping is it to do with pressure?

Also does anyone know the part number as it isn't listed in the manual

Pics_Art_11_19_10_17_55.jpg

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back