Ideal Logic+ or Vaillant ecoFIT Pure?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to replace a boiler in a 2 bed, mid terrace. It has 6 radiators and a mixer shower over the bath. The heating guy who recently serviced the boiler and recommended a replacement (for various good reasons) is suggesting either an Ideal Logic + or a Vaillant ecoFIT pure, both of which are compact enough to be fitted in a cupboard in the kitchen on an outside wall.

I've had a couple of quotes, with both including a Vaillant ecoFIT pure and a cheaper Ideal Logic+. One of the quotes suggested I should go for the 25kW versions of the boilers, but the other suggested the 30kW versions.

One big concern I have is the rubbish 2 year warranty that Vaillant offer, compared to the 7 years parts and labour warranty offered by Ideal Logic. This is obviously a ruse by Vaillant to get people to pay for longer warranties, or is it simply they don't believe their boilers will last very long :) The 7 year warranty of the Ideal Logic+ is very appealing, but is the quality of the Vaillant worth paying the extra for?

Obviously the flow rate is better on the 30kW models, but is 30kW really necessary for a 2 bed terrace?

I would appreciate any thoughts on these boilers.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
I spent most of last week repairing leaky vailliants with push fit and clip connections plus weak diveter valves.
Can,t comment too much on Ideal only installed a couple.
you won,t need a 30kw in a two bed terrace.
But I,m sure there be other fitters suggesting a model that fits your needs.

Theres every chance a 12kw would be more than enough for a 2 bed with 6 radiators, but as you say if your fitting a combi, then the KW rating is all about the hot water output. What boiler make model/size have you got just now? is the current hot water flow rate and temperature ok for you?

Sponsored Links
Ideal all day long have fitted loads, only had two faults both fixed next day in warranty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back