Ideal Mexico Super 2 rs100

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi would be grateful for some advice please .....
we have the ideal mexico super 2 rs100 (balanced flue) floor mounted in kitchen in what used to be a huge fire place...boiler still going strong & clean but looks darn ugly as we are on gravity feed and you can see the pump, pipes and taps.
Would like to install unit door fronts around the front and silestone worktop above. Would be putting ventilation in plinth. the inside of the fire place is 90cm wide and 55 cm deep (the boiler sits within that space)
Instruction manual only says it needs clearance of 10mm either side and 20mm above ....but by me applying practical doors and boxing in how does that effect it....would i need to vent the silestone worktop too?
Many thanks.....

Sponsored Links
You will be required to ventilate the compartment at the top and bottom.
If you are able, then fit the vents in the plinth and the door of the correct size. The size of these vents are contained in your manual and must be correct. You must leave the correct side,front and top clearance for servicing purposes. If you can get the vents into the door then there is no need to cut the worktop. The vents will be somewhat large and can spoil the look of the new door.

Ahh thank you very much....to not have to look at that very ugly boiler will be bliss....i guess for door vents i could buy glazed kitchen doors and replace glazing with grill panels or please tell me if you think this is adequate, i could keep silestone worktop shy of back wall and put 10cm upstand proud of back wall by 4cm or something...what do you think?

100000BTU boiler is approx 30kw you need 10cm2 for every kw top and bottom. So 300cm2 top and bottom of doors or compartment.
And if vents used must be purpose provided and not just holes or slots drilled

Sponsored Links
Thank you for the info....so what do you think if i had my plinth vents running most of the 90cm of plinth below and then leaving the silestone worktop & 10cm back splash shy off the back wall by 4cm...that would give me 360cm2
(90cm width x 4 cm depth for top ventilation)????

Just leaving a hole will not comply with the regs. It must be purpose provided, which means grills must be fitted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back