Ideal Mini 24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I have an Ideal Mini 24, i have installed a Honeywell CM927 wireless thermostat, it controls the boiler perfectly, most of the time...

Every few weeks I come home to a cold house, for some unknown reason the little control module on the front turns it's self off, I press the on/off button and the boiler fires up again and is OK again for another few weeks...

Also the boiler pressure goes up and down a lot, it often sits on 0 during the day (when the thermostat is set to frost protection)

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Dean.

Sponsored Links
I presume you mean the boiler time clock?

If you are using a programmable stat then its redundant. It could be umplugged from the PCB which would leave the boiler operating on CH when called for by the stat.

The pressure should be set by you at about 1.5 Bar cold. You risk damaging the boiler using it with no pressure. When the CH on it should increase by about 0.3 Bar.

See the FAQ on this site about repressurising.

Tony

Here it is idle:
boiler_idle.jpg

Here it is active
boiler_active.jpg

Its been like that since we moved in, which is well over a year, i thought it was odd from past experiance, i tried to re-pressurise it loads of times but it always drops back down..

you think its got a leak or a bad seal somewhere?

Also the time clock is pictured on the left, i just unplugged it, that's one less thing to worry about (thanks so much for the tip)..

I have repressurised it:
boiler_pressurised.jpg

Here is how the pipes look:
boiler_pipes.jpg

Its connected so that on opening a re-pressurising tap cold water is fed into the radiator circuit? is that right?

D.

Sponsored Links
Thats all OK.

The pressure is now a bit high.

Ideally with the system cold bleed a little water from a rad until the pressure reads 1.5 Bar. When the CH is on it should increast by about 1.3 Bar.

Tony

Hi Tony,

I'll post again tomorrow, if past experience is anything to go by it'll be back down again by then..

Thanks again..

D.

I doubt it but if it does go down the put a bottle over the PRV vent outside.

Tony

Put the bottle on the PRV vent pipe outside and then repressurise to 1.5 Bar cold.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back