Ideal Mini C 28 Cutting In & Out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Ideal Mini C 28 boiler, about 8yrs old. It has started cutting in and out and not supplying a constant flow of hot water. You know the problem, you're having a shower and all of a sudden the water goes to extremely cold and shortly afterwards the opposite, almost to scalding point. I am not a plumber but am just looking for some advice as to what the problem might be and how to rectify it. I have tried shouting loudly at it , but that didn't work. Any help/advice gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
I am sorry that the boiler did not respond to your shouting at it. I know that they sometimes seem to be a bit deaf.

I expect that the plate heat exchanger is blocked.

That will be evidenced by an increase in the temperature displayed on the gauge, In normal DHW use it should not go much above 60° C.

Tony

I am sorry that the boiler did not respond to your shouting at it. I know that they sometimes seem to be a bit deaf.

I expect that the plate heat exchanger is blocked.

That will be evidenced by an increase in the temperature displayed on the gauge, In normal DHW use it should not go much above 60° C.

Tony

Thanks for such a speedy response Tony.
Indeed, I put the hot tap on and the temperature quickly rose to 80 with no noticeable rise in water temperature.
Is it a big job to unblock the plate heat exchanger ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back