ideal mini c24 gas combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, has anyone else had a problem with the pumps on these boilers. this boiler has had 4 pumps in 3 mths

Sponsored Links
What is the water like in your system?
Was it flushed with a cleaning fluid has it got inhibitor in the system

wouldnt be surprised if there is so much cr4p in system its killing pumps - what's the water like when you remove the pump?

hi again,
system was flushed and fernox fitted.
ideal have tested the water, they say it is clear at the pump but say the radiators still have flushing agent in them.
have read up on alot of ideal posts, to see that they often put problems down to this.
one of my main points is with this is, the second fitter that came out, said it was the wrong pimp fitted because there is a mistake on part nos for this pump and he changed it. since then, 2 more fitters have fitted the (wrong) pump.
now we seem to left in limbo

Sponsored Links
It is a problem with different pumps on these. You have to supply the serial no of the boiler when ordering the pump, then HOPE Ideal send the correct one :mad:

I've had this problem in the past too.

You could just be very unlucky, but as said, system water condition will take out a new pump pretty quick if bad.

any ideas, if we flush this system again and refit fernox, will ideal honor the warranty or is these water samples a cope out by them

Personally speaking, Ideal will grab any form of cop out they can :mad:

I've had the Ideal engineer test the water quality on a system and confirm it was all ok, boiler/manufacturing fault, only to get a letter 2 weeks later reversing his decision and listing nunerous and mostly unheard of contaminants in the system water :rolleyes:

hi again,

one of my main points is with this is, the second fitter that came out, said it was the wrong pimp fitted because there is a mistake on part nos for this pump and he changed it. since then, 2 more fitters have fitted the (wrong) pump.

There have been, I think, three different pimps ( or pumps ) on this series of boilers. Two of them are only very slightly different.

What you have not told us is the failure mechanism of all these pumps.

Since the pumps produce strong magnetic fields, they will draw in finely divided iron oxide and this will jam the pump bearings. It can be dissolved out but few will know how to do that.

Tony

Since the pumps produce strong magnetic fields, they will draw in finely divided iron oxide and this will jam the pump bearings. It can be dissolved out but few will know how to do that.

Has anyone got a bowl? I`m gonna throw one, give me a break mate, :rolleyes: :rolleyes: biggest load of sh*ite I`ve heard this month.. :rolleyes:

yeah it is a mini ok.
we have had about 6 of these fitted.
will never have ideal again after this, there attitude is not the best

what happens is, the pump sticks so the lad in this house has been spinny the pump with a screw driver, 1 turn and its normally away, this last pump though doesnt matter how many times you spin it, it wont kick in

This is a classic description of dirt in the system causing the pump to stick.

The Wilo pumps are rather susceptable to fine magnetite in suspension.

Was it really power flushed with X800 ? Each radiator in turn in each direction?

If the system is not going to be cleaned properly then a Magnaclean and a checking routine would be a good investment.

A dose of about 5 gms of citric acid per rad after changing the system water and then washed out after a day will probably dissolve the contaminant.

Tony

now the impeller is not spinning at all, is there any way of cleaning it out and getting it working again

Citric acid solution introduced from the big screw end while the impeller is rotated and end shift moved will often dissolve the metal oxides jamming it.

However, as always, the technique for doing this is not always correctly guessed.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back