ideal mini c24 help needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have an ideal mini C24 combi boiler which isn't working properly the hot water works fine the central heating fires up for about 15 seconds and cuts out but I have noticed that the pump housing is getting red hot but the central heating pipe coming out of the boiler is cold does anybody have any ideas on what it could be the green LED light is flashing once every second any help would be much apprechiated thanks Paul

Sponsored Links
external valve shut or interanal bypass open. are you sure the rads are open?

Hi M8
thanks for your quick reply all rads are open as the boiler was working then just suddenly stopped and now it is freezing
thanks paul

Sponsored Links
hi m8

i have just noticed when the central heating fires up its on for 15 seconds the pump housing gets red hot and the central heating return pipe gets warm under the boiler whether thats relevent or not but i would have thought the flow pipe would get warm first and not the return

thanks paul

for some reason the diverter valve is stuck in the DHW position.

Remove the motor actuator and push down the pin and then the CH should work properly.

Might be the PCB or the motor actuator!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back