Ideal MINI C24 Hot water problem.

kilrock will definetly clean out oxides and limescale from plate heat exchanger

yes we know Tony you have some magical abilities and your training is absolutely amazing.

these magical trainees of yours they seem todisappear rather sharpish ,its not rocket science now is to clean a plate heat exchanger even for competant diyer

I am glad that they have noticed your blatant advertising and are actually doing something about it ,will it be loss of revenue

There is also the changes at Baisi ,after all the customer complaints ,i bet that will hit you hard it in the pocket as well :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I think all the installers who have been complaining over the years will be alot happier with the new system

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all the replies.

I have looked in the Ideal Manual and removing the heat exchanger looks relatively(!) straightforward. Will any descaler do?

As a general point on work how far can a diyer go as I thought removing the case was going too far?

kilrock will definetly clean out oxides and limescale from plate heat exchanger

There is also the changes at Baisi ,after all the customer complaints ,i bet that will hit you hard it in the pocket as well :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I think all the installers who have been complaining over the years will be alot happier with the new system

What is the active chemical in Kilrock?

All I know is that something with formic acid did not clean the main HE on a Sine 18.

What are these changes at Biasi? Where are they listed?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Change's at biasi !!!

You never know it might be something to do with my , constant letter's , & my legal proceeding's , than again ????????????

Can the old O rings be reused?

I have removed the DHW heat exchanger and the O rings have not come off with the HE, just remained in position. Using a mirror they appear to be in good condition. Reason I ask is the boiler is wall mounted and getting access to replace them is difficult.

thanks

You replace them in situ !

But its not likely to be necessary if they are oin good condition.

Whats these changes at Biasi?

Tony

You replace them in situ !

But its not likely to be necessary if they are oin good condition.

Whats these changes at Biasi?

Tony

Sorry for the dumb question but what do you mean by 'You replace them in situ !'

If ok then I don't need to change them?

You replace them with the boiler in place on the wall.

It takes about one minute as long as the old ones come out whole and the grooves are not dirty.

But never use any jointing compound like LS2 as that makes the whole senario very time consuming to sort out for anyone in the future.

Tony

O rings all came out ok!

just waiting for the descaler to do it's business. Out of interest when putting the HE back does it have to be full of water? Or will it refill when I turn a hot tap on once everything is re assembled?

it will refill on its own. the orings might be ok to re-use but smear some silicone "grease" on them, it will hold them in place, help create a seal and keep them supple for the future.

We have hot water! Thanks to everyone for all their replies & help.

For the parts situation the local plumbers merchants were able to provide the O rings separately although they came in a Biasi bag. According to the guy behind the counter Ideal no longer supply the O rings with new heat exchangers so they can be bought on their own. For the record a new Biasi HE was £75 + VAT (I got a price as the guy was very sceptical about the descaling working).

Thanks again to everyone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back