Ideal Mini C24 Locking out

ggt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've seen a few posts on here regarding this problem but haven't seen an answer so sorry if this is a duplicate post.

My Ideal Mini C24 keeps locking out. During the night it locks out so in the morning it is really cold and have no hot water so I have to go into the loft and press the reset button. It will then work fine for the morning but usually when I get in from work it has locked out, so i'm up in the loft again. This happens nearly every day.

Any help would be great as it's pretty annoying!

Cheers

Tom

Sponsored Links
You think that you have never seen a solution because there is no single cause of this.

The obvious answer is to employ a competent engineer to PROPERLY check it and repair as required.

Make sure you have someone who gives a no-fix no-fee guarantee on the repair as he needs to be clever enough to decide the cause when it will not do it while he is there.

It would give a possible guide if you were able to activate the diagnostic features. Search here for Biasi M90 diagnostics.

It can be simple adjustments or a more expensive component.

I suppose that you have never had it properly serviced?

Tony

Hi Tony

No I've not had it serviced, it's not very old.

I'll activate the diagnostics and let you know what I find.

Cheers for replying :)

Hi Tony

No I've not had it serviced, it's not very old.

Cheers for replying :)

Servicing is recommended for every year!

If correctly specified it much have been installed BEFORE April 2005 when condensing boilers became mandatory!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Older than I thought then!

I've downloaded the Ideal Mini User Guide and the service manual for the Biasi you mentioned but both these guides show the boiler having 3 diagnostic lights but mine only has one light.

When it had locked out the light was flashing very quickly so from what I can gather it is one of the following:

Empty primary circuit
No primary circuit flow
Lack of burner ignition
Excessive pressure in primary circuit
Dip Switch 3 left in the off position
Faulty temperature probe

The light is slowly flashing now which means normal operation. I'm a bit stumped though with the guides having 3 lights and mine only having one light

You can ignore nos 3 and 4 on that list. But it still leaves too many possibilities and the lack of ignition can have many causes.

The lights are behind the panel and if you like you can CAREFULLY drill two more 2 mm holes in the front. Then you need to move the back link so that it shorts pins 3 and 4 instead of 2 and 3. Then it will always show the fault codes.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back