Ideal Mini C28 hot water mystery problem

He's happier now....he dropped the flap at the front of the boiler, & put the hot-water thermostat dialie-thingy back into its original position (About 2/3rd of max)....I guess it got nudged down by the plumber/heating guys sausage-fingers.

So, AT THE MOMENT...all is well..... :D

Sponsored Links
If I was a tenant I would not be happy with my landlord doing DIY repairs on a gas boiler.

I do hope that at least you have gas safety checks every year!

That's only a bodge and not a repair!

Tony

Well, I haven't been doing the work myself, I've been there to allow the repair-bloke access (OK, Hands up, I did "adjust" the lever on the microswitch :oops: )

& yes, Safety certs every year.. :!: :cool:

We have noted that the "repair" bloke did not want to do the bodge repair!

It can only get worse so you will have to dig your hands into your pocket at some stage!

Sponsored Links
Hi everyone i realise this is an old thread but I have a similar issue....my combo goes on and off every few seconds....i have got 1.5 water pressure and I have already taken off the heat exchanger and cleaned it...when I set the boiler to just DHW nothing at all happens....when i set it combined CH it does what you will see in the video link below.....

I have tested the NCT and it is functioning well at 11500 ohms of resistance so its not that

I have also opened the control box and pressed down the diagnostic switches which you will see in the video

I am an electrician (formerly) now school teacher therefore handy enough on things..was able to fault find the nct from the board rather than disconnect it etc..so I am hoping that someone could help me find a way to fix this without having to call someone in...video link below ...thanks all..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back