Ideal Mini S or Quantum Heatsaver?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
To replace my Glowworm Spacesaver (20+ years old but now leaking), I have been recommended either an Ideal Mini S (modulating conventional boiler) or a Quantum Heatsaver (condensing boiler) for my closed pumped system.

I am inclined towards the Ideal because of the name and away from the Quantum because of the reported unreliability of condensing boilers.

Does anyone have any experience with either boiler or company or any other thoughts on the choice.

Thanks,

Julian

Sponsored Links
As oppossed to the mini which is a bought in boiler that has been rebadged. Go for an ideal classic, cast iron heat exchanger very reliable and will last as long as your spacesaver.

Thanks namsag for the suggestion.

Looking at prices, the Classic is £717 for the size I need and the Mini £415. That seems a big difference - is it worth it?

Julian

Different animal. Price diff down to numbers , one has to suppose. The Ideal is a Biasi - not a bad boiler at all but nam is right about longevity from what I've seen of the Classic. You could look at the Ideal Icos (or is it Isar - mental block cos it should be Isys!) which seems to have become a reliable boiler (comparatively) and isn't too dear, and should cost less to run.

Sponsored Links
Icos is a condensing boiler again. Has it been around long enough for people to know how reliable it is?

It's getting to be reasonable. "condensing" doesn't add all that much to a boiler!

installed about 20 this year only had a call back to one

nrv went bang and started leaking nothing to do with the boiler exept obvious pressure loss :D

The optia range from plumcentre is a rebadged classic and done at a fixed price to both trade and general public and is generally quite a bit cheaper. Mate done a mini last week and said they lookrd ok for a biasi . Valiant system boilers are also a reasonable price for a large output

Glowworm Ultimate or TP Ikon, same thing, always had good results, cast iron block, excellent.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back