Ideal on the way out????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Heard today (from managerial source) that apparently Ideal are in trouble and there will be a major announcement at the end of the month.

Anyone got any further details or know if this is true?

Wouldn't surprise me with all the carp they make and don't sell.

Sponsored Links
I was reading an article in the H&V news today, it sounded like vaillant are getting ready to stop Heatline doing boilers and get them concentrating on rads and towel warmers. Hope not though, they're alright them Heatlines.

sounds like excellent news. They don't deserve to be in business with all the rubbish they have produced. Also the market is more competitive now with more european manufacturers crossing the channel

Sponsored Links
good news! party at mine when its official! im diverting any call outs to ideals to some bloke in norwich that ideal technical are recommending.

sounds like excellent news. They don't deserve to be in business with all the rubbish they have produced. Also the market is more competitive now with more european manufacturers crossing the channel

Now that's not nice.
very true though

Sad thing is they do actually give out my contact details for a local service person in Norwich :rolleyes: :mad:

I've asked them to stop doing so, but it has not happened yet.

To be fair it would be sad for the employees in the factory and field engineers.

But if they do go to the wall hopefully parts will become obsolete and we at bg won't have to skin our knuckles on them any longer.

If all the employees had done a better job, they would not be in trouble.
Let's face it, that is why communism died

Perhaps they shouldn't have bought Keston a while back?

I thought Ideal were part of Caradon or has that all changed now?

Think Ideal are still part of Caradon Plc, www.caradon.com takes you to the Ideal Boilers web site & stelrad. Funniest thing the address for the HQ is 2 mins from my house, learn something new everyday

lived here over twenty years, and must drive past the site most days, never noticed it. All I can think is it must be heavily disguised & hiding.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back