Ideal Pilot Light Keeps Going Out?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,
I have a combi boiler. Ideal Sprint RS.75. The problem is that the pilot light goes out at least three times a day. I have to then re-ignite every time. The pressure is very low, pressure needle closer to 0 then 1 BAR, would this have anything to do with it? If it would, how do I turn up the pressure to reach 1 BAR? There are two white knobs on the underside labelled 'filling valves' and when I open these nothing really happens.
Please Help!!! :(

Sponsored Links
Thanks for reply. Is there any way to put the pressure up again so I can be at least double sure that there is a pressure problem?

Yeah I think thats right cos ive tried opening both and i cant hear any filling up or nothing. Does this mean I need an engineer then? Because I cant see what else I could do? :cry:

if you have opened both valves and the pressure is not rising, then you need your water pressure checking.

Sponsored Links
6 years ago!!! I think he must have got it sorted by now.

I would not necessarily think the boiler is dead!

I was called in 1999 to repair a boiler for an acquaintance. Two months ago she called me again as the diverter valve had failed. I repaired it and told her that she should seriously consider replacing it.

When I next saw her I asked if she had made a decision to replace it yet. Her reply was that as the previous repair had lasted 12 years then she was hoping that this year's repair would also last another 12 years!

I also repaired another Ideal Sprint three months ago and advised it was about time it was replaced. They agreed that it would need replacing soon but have not contacted me about it yet.

Tony

In the building I first went to in 1999, there were five converted flats all with Ideal Sprints. A later flat was built on the roof but that used an Ariston boiler.

As far as I know there are still three of the original five Ideal Sprints still in use!

They are a very simple and reliable design and just as efficient as the later designs of non condensing boilers.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back