Ideal PRT4 thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I wonder if anyone can help me out as I'm a little confused about a certain aspect of the thermostat.

If anyone has this thermostat could they please shed some light on the advanced temperature section please. I've read the manual but I don't really understand what it means. I've got my on / off times set for the timer but what do these temperatures mean?

Does ON TEMP 1 mean the temperature it needs to be for the boiler to come on? Or does it mean a desired temperature for the boiler to reach before it turns off? And does OFF TEMP mean the temperature it needs to be for the boiler to kick in?

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/870058/Ideal-Rf-Electronic.html?page=12#manual

I'm not really understanding it. If anyone can help I'd be really grateful?

Many Thanks,

Brett

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I don't have that 'stat, but it seems simple enough! ;)

The 'on temp' is the temperature you want the room to be when the heating is set to 'on'

The 'off temp' will be the minimum temperature the room will get down to when the heating is set to 'off'.
I.e. if 'off temp' is set to 5C, and the temp. drops to below 5, the boiler will come on to maintain that minimum temperature - even though it is set to 'off'.

I hope that helps! :)

Right, I see. So if I've got the on temps set to 19c then when the boiler comes on at the time specified it will get up to and maintain that temperature.

I have the off temp set to 13 degrees. So if the room temp drops below 13 then the boiler will kick in to maintain that temperature.

I think I get it now.

Thanks,

Brett

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back