Smart Thermostat for Ideal Vogue C32 Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,

I have a Ideal Vogue C32 combi boiler which was installed in March 2015. Not sure if it's GEN1 or GEN2.

However, I would like to upgrade my current Ideal PRT4 wireless thermostat to a smart thermostat. What options are available to me for doing this.

I've seen there are ones by TADO, Hive and Nest but which would best suit my needs or are they pretty much the same. I do have Amazon Alexa so ideally would like something that can be controlled through that as well.

I've seen the Tado wireless starter kit on Amazon for £204. How easy would it be to install it into my boiler?

I know that I would also need some of the Thermostatic Radiator Valves too so that I can control the temp in different rooms.

All comments are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Brett

Sponsored Links
Drayton Wiser is also a good option. You'd want kit 1 and some extra smart TRVs as needed. Works with Alexa.

If your boiler has Opentherm (probably does) then you can use it with Wiser, otherwise you can use relay control (on/off, but still smart).
Easy to DIY install - the Hub just needs mains and then either two wires for the relay, or two low-voltage wires for Opentherm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back