ideal Response 200 boiler low pressure problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our boiler keeps loosing pressure so that it goes below 0.5. I top up the pressure to 1.5 but it goes back down over the period of 3-4 days now. Can someone suggest checks to make before I have to call out a plumber? I have bled the raditors and checked for leaks to them and they are fine. Why is the pressure dropping? Could it be we need a new expansion vessel? The boiler is 10 years old and passed it's service last August.

Sponsored Links
Yes call in a competant person experiance of these terrible terrible boilers

Sorry

:)

Sponsored Links
If you are losing the pressure in 3/4 days then you have a leak. Check the blow off pipe which goes outside to see if it drips (especially when htg is hot) also check rad valves when cold (especially under plastic tops) if no joy then get a torch & crawl under floorboards to find it

Thanks for those tips! I'll check the blow-off-pipe outside tonight when the heating is on. If it is that - what does it mean? We need a new blow-off-pipe or that something in the boiler is causing the leak?

See "Boiler Pressure Problems" in the FAQ section.

Went to one of these today. Access terrible. Pumped up EV and changed prv head, took 2 hours!

I can't find the FAQ section on this website anywhere! There is a little water spitting out of the pipe outside the house when the boiler is on. Is this a problem as the pressure reads between 1.5 and 2 when the boiler is on which I believe is normal.
I found a leak in the radiator last night and fixed it. Should that solve the problem with low pressure when the boiler is off?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back