IDEAL RESPONSE 80 combi boiler - Broken! Grrr!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

My boiler has decided not to work anymore :) The lights are all on and working but there is no pressure showing on the gage.

I found a previous post that said this could be caused by an electrical fault ( the electricity in my whole house switched off for about 2 secs then switched itself back on - could this be it?). It also said to look for a tap or small screwdriver slot to refill the boiler.

I can't seem to find this though - I have switched it off at the mains and removed the cover - I cant see anywhere to switch or turn to get the pressure up though.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You have no water in the system you will need to find the filling loop (small blue or silver hose with a valve on it) external to the boiler.
Turn on valve until guage reads 1 bar. The boiler has a low water switch so will turn off if no water in it!

Thanks for this - I cant seem to find a valve though.

The boiler is built into the cupboards in the kitchen and is all boxed in. I have removed the cupboard panels boxing it in but cant see any hoses, just wires.

Am I being stupid or could the hose be hidden somewhere else? I have looked all around it and underneath but nowt there!

Sponsored Links
It will be either a hose or a fixed pipe(if fitted wrongly) It should go between the cold inlet and the central heating return (so 15mm to 22mm pipe).
It could be under your sink behind washing machine anywhere, find this and you will be able to refill system!
Just keep looking sorry

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back